Thursday, October 25, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent!

Yes, that's right....I made laundry detergent. And I love it. :)

This is all you need to make your laundry soap! And....it costs right around $6. Maybe less. This is for a small batch - and should last 30 loads. I wanted to make sure I liked it before I made a big batch. Next time, it will definitely be a big batch. Annnnnd, it's safe for HE washers.
All of the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store.

 Ingredients

1 cup Borax
1 cup Super Washing Soda
1 cup Baking Soda
1 bar Fels-Naptha
 
 First, grate your bar of Fels-Naptha soap with a cheese grater. It will look a lot like cheese - but don't eat it, it will taste nothing like cheese. :)

 Then, put the grated bar of Fels-Naptha in a blender or food processor and process to get it to a finer consistency. This part is optional, but I wanted my soap flakes a bit smaller.

Lastly, mix the Baking Soda, Borax, Washing Soda, and Fels-Naptha in an air-tight container and mix together.
 
That's it....you're done. Just use 2 tablespoons per load. Next thing on my list to try is homemade fabric softener. Stay tuned. In the meantime, make this.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Sweet KoKo

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by MFerk

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved