Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Class of 2024?!?!

Yesterday I was sitting at my daughter's Kindergarten Graduation when they announced "Give a big round of applause for the Class of 2024!" At first I started laughing, that seems so far away! But then I started thinking - wait, that's only 12 years away. I graduated from high school 12 years ago - and that time has flown by so quickly! I don't even want to think about how quick the next 12 years are going to go by!

I'm so proud of my little girl. She learned to read this year, and has loved every minute of it! I can often times find her off in her playroom or in her bedroom with a stack of books, just reading away.

Almost a first grader!


Grandma made the trip from Oklahoma City!!


I love my little family!

This was the picture they had for the slideshow in her graduation - next to a picture of her in a cap and gown. Were they trying to make all the moms cry?!?! ;) This picture was from when Kaitlyn was a little over 18 months old, I still love it so much!

Here is Kaitlyn on the first day of swim lessons! She was so excited - can you tell??


I look at these pictures and I'm reminded, yet again, how fast the time really has gone by. It's sad and exciting at the same time! I can't wait to see what's ahead, but I also miss these excited smiles when faced with new adventures.

Okay, enough of my little pity party! Please, moms, tell me this is normal?! I don't want my daughter to grow up, yet I do. I want to see her getting ready for the prom, but then again I want her to stay 6 years old. I've come to the conclusion that motherhood is most definitely not for wimps!




No comments:

Post a Comment



Sweet KoKo

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by MFerk

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved