Friday, May 4, 2012

I have a problem...

I'll admit it....I have a problem! They say admitting it is the first step to recovery from any addiction. I am fully addicted to Pinterest. And diet coke. But, truthfully, I don't want to recover. From either. :) I could look around on Pinterest all day - planning all kinds of fun crafts to do! In fact, that's what I did before I started working.

This was my first project....and my first adventure with painting furniture. I thought it turned out pretty good - I kinda love it! This is one of two plant stands I bought. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them once I got them home...I just knew it could be beautiful.


Before

My dad asked me why in the world I would paint over such beautiful wood. We have different ideas of what looks good.

After

This is not a very good picture - it was taken with my antique phone. It definitely looks much better in person, but I'll post a better picture soon. I painted it this turquoise color, then antiqued it with a glaze. It's so pretty.

Since doing this small table - that we now use as a nightstand - I have bought several other (larger) pieces of furniture to paint! One for the entryway and another to put our TV on in the living room. Hopefully one day soon I'll get around to painting those, too.

What are some of your favorite projects from Pinterest?!


Lynsey

No comments:

Post a Comment



Sweet KoKo

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by MFerk

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved