Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Closet Overhaul

Okay, this post won't be as long or depressing as the last one. I wanted to share with you some of the projects I have going on around our house. I decided now would be a good time to get some stuff done! First up, my closet!!

When we bought our house nine months ago one of the things I loved about it was the size of the closet. At the house we had just moved out of the closet was terrible. My husband and I had to share one small closet. Not only was it small, the layout was awful. So, as soon as I saw the his and her closets in our new house - I was in love!

At first I didn't even think about doing anything with it, I was just happy to have my own space! After a few months it started to look like a mess. It was hard to keep organized, and the stark white walls were starting to look too sterile for my taste.

Check out the before pictures:





Pretty scary, huh?! Well, after a terrible week I decided I wanted to do something for me, and something that would keep me busy - and my mind off things. So, I took everything out of the closet, lined it with painters tape, and headed to Lowe's to buy some paint.

This is what it looks like now, at its mid-point.




Oh yeah, I also decided to buy a pretty chandelier. :) It's amazing what a little paint (and a girly light fixture) can do. Now I just need to figure out how I want it organized...then it will be done! I can't wait for it to be finished!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Well thank you. :) It's definitely an improvement from what I did have. I can't wait to share the finished product!

    ReplyDelete



Sweet KoKo

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by MFerk

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved