Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy Random Post Friday!

Well, I haven't been cooking much lately. I know, I know, shame on me! I would say I haven't felt up to it lately, but that would be a lie....cooking and baking is like my therapy. Well, and shopping. But my husband doesn't appreciate that as much as the other two. I don't have the slightest clue why?! :) So, this isn't a Foodie Friday post. Instead, I'm just posting about random stuff.

The first being Pinterest. Oh...Pinterest. I could literally spend hours on Pinterest. In fact, I probably do. There are so many neat ideas on there I want to try, so I pin them to one of my (29!!) boards, and most of them never see the light of day again. Does anyone else's Pinterest look like this?

 
I have 1,488 Pins....and I've done 10 of them. Maybe. I'm reminded of a Pin I saw a while ago that said "I need to find someone that would pay me per pin on Pinterest" and "Instead of organizing and cleaning my house, I pin ideas on how to organize and clean my house. The irony is not lost on me." There are so many other good ones that describe our relationship with Pinterest. Or, at least I hope I'm not the only one that can relate!
 
After thinking about this for a few days, I decided to start doing things. I started with my closet, trying to get it more organized. Now I'm moving on to Kaitlyn's art work. She brings home SO much stuff, I needed to figure out how to keep it organized. I'll be sharing that in a few days. So, slowly I'm making progress. Very, very slowly.
 
Also, Kaitlyn and I went to see Katy Perry's movie Part of Me.
 
 
At first I was a little nervous about taking my 6-year-old to see this - knowing some of it would be slightly inappropriate. Well, the good definitely outweighed the bad. I thought it was a great film. I know some people would argue Katy Perry isn't a true artist, or isn't a good influence on young girls. But, after seeing this film, I would say I don't agree with them.
 
I think it has a great message to all the young people out there. She has always been herself, not caring what other people think of her. So many of us try to be normal and just fit in, but Katy stresses the importance of just being yourself. That's something I've tried telling Kaitlyn so many times! Also, it has a great message on working hard for what you really want. If you dream about something, it can come true. You just have to work hard for it. This film shows Katy's struggles and success. I try telling Kaitlyn all the time she can be whatever she wants to be, she just has to work hard to get there. I think this film does a great job of showing that.
 
So, that's my random post. :) Hopefully next week I can get back on schedule!
 
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
 
P.S. In the time it took me to write this post (which was not long at all, like one hour!), my Pinterest pins are now up to 1,502. I have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Sweet KoKo

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by MFerk

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved