Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Best. Cookies. EVER!

So here is a recipe for quite honestly, the best cookies on the planet! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but these cookies are delicious! Plus - they're super easy to make!


Be prepared to make these bad boys a lot! I get requests to make them all the time.
Let's begin, shall we...


To make these delightful little nuggets of heaven, you need:

3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda (omit if you are using self-rising flour)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I use pecans)
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375*.



Beat the sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon. And yes, I use butter straight from the tub. For some reason, it helps with the consistency. The one time I used stick butter, they just didn't turn out as good. So, tub butter it is!



It will look like this runny mess.


Put the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.


Slowly, add the flour mixture to the sugar/butter/egg mixture. Just a little bit at a time - you don't want flour flying all over the place!


After all the flour is added, scrape the sides to make sure everything is incorporated. The dough will be stiff.


Next, slowly stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts.


Now, I know this will have a lot of people in a tizzy....but I am one of those weirdos that does not like raw cookie dough. I have no desire to eat this bowl full of goop, but I would have to keep it away from the majority of my family members!


Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until they are light brown. The center will be soft - just the way it should be! :)


Beep! They're done! Look at those mounds of goodness!


Let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.


And here they are again. They didn't stay like this for long. The oven timer was heard throughout the house, then a stampede filled the house so that everyone could get one of these delectable cookies. Good thing they're easy - because they don't last long!

I have used a combination of white chocolate chips with peanut butter chips - this was a big hit too. That's what I love about this recipe - it's a basic cookie recipe, so you could get really creative with it!

Happy baking!!


P.S. Sorry for the quality of pictures - I used my phone. Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Sweet KoKo

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by MFerk

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved