Friday, July 6, 2012

New blog design AND New York City!

I'm so excited....I can hardly stand it! I saw the first draft of my new blog design, and it is adorable! I can't wait until I get it, then I can finally start adding all my posts! Hopefully I will have the new design uploaded in less than one week! Woo hoo!

Until then, I'll just share some pictures from our trip earlier this month - to NEW YORK CITY! I have wanted to go to NYC for as long as I can remember, and I finally got to go! It was awesome, I loved it, and I could have stayed longer!

Ahhh, beautiful Central Park! This place was gorgeous! I couldn't help but think of all the movies I've seen where people would go for a jog down these beautiful paths. I think if I lived there, I would do the same. What an awesome way to escape the busy city!

Grand Central Station. This place was pretty neat, too! It was a very busy place - and the windows in the building were amazing! In fact, the whole building was gorgeous!

Little Italy! I loved Little Italy - everything about it! All the people, the buildings, but of course - my favorite was the food! I had the best spaghetti I have ever had in my life! The only thing that made it better was eating dinner outside on the patio so that I could take in the scenery and the food all at once.

The 9/11 Memorial. This place was gorgeous! Sad and gorgeous all at the same time. It was hard not to walk through here without becoming overwhelmed with emotion. While inside it was quiet, not a lot of people were talking. The only dominant sound I heard was that of the waterfalls - a loud, peaceful, sad sound.

Serendipity! Mmm mmm! This delicious masterpiece was ice cream, maple/caramel sauce, walnuts, and a cherry on top! Good grief - it was good! The picture just doesn't do it justice. We made this stop because we thought it was a really cute place that we saw in a movie - rightly named Serendipity (the 2001 movie with Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack). If you haven't seen it, it's super cute!

And last, but certainly not least....Bobby Flay. For those of you that know me, you know I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with Bobby Flay. :) Well, I didn't get to meet him in person while in NYC, but I did run across this billboard - and eat at his restaurant Mesa Grill. Mesa Grill was DELICIOUS! The only thing in the world that would have made it better was if he was there himself! :)

So, that was a small little snippet of our fabulous trip to NYC! I hope to go back again one day in the near future!


P.S. What would we do without Instagram filters?! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment



Sweet KoKo

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by MFerk

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved